Crown – it is the visible portion of the tooth
Root – it is the portion of the tooth embedded within the bone and gum tissue
What is the procedure of RCT?
- STEP – 1 : After the tooth anaesthetized an opening is made through the crown into pulp chamber.
- STEP – 2 : The length of the root canal is determined.
- STEP – 3 : Unhealthy pulp is removed, canals are cleaned, enlarged and shaped
- STEP – 4 : Canals are filled and sealed, a metal post may be added for structural support or
to retain restorative materials.
- STEP – 5 : Tooth is sealed with filling, then crown is placed