What is root canal treatment?
It is actually a part of operative dentistry.It is a procedure of removing infection from root canal. Crown - it is the visible portion of the tooth Root - it is the portion of the tooth embedded within the bone and gum tissue
What is the procedure of RCT?
- STEP - 1After the tooth anaesthetized an opening is made through the crown into pulp chamber.
- STEP - 2The length of the root canal is determined.
- STEP - 3Unhealthy pulp is removed, canals are cleaned, enlarged and shaped
- STEP - 4Canals are filled and sealed, a metal post may be added for structural support or to retain restorative materials.
- STEP - 5Tooth is sealed with filling, then crown is placed