Make your smile more beautiful
“Orthodontic” means correction of teeth.
Most of the children present with different orthodontic problems including :
- Protruded teeth
- Spacing or crowding
- Imbalance in jaw growth (one jaw growing bigger compared to the other )
- Abnormally narrow upper arch
- Gummy smile
- Open bite ( upper and lower front teeth cannot meet while biting or at rest )
- Speech defects due to abnormal placement of teeth
- Crossbite (lower teeth coming forward than upper teeth )
Special orthodontic services
- Interceptive orthodontic treatment
- Adult orthodontics.
- Cleft palate treatment.
- Lingual braces ( braces on backside of teeth ).
- Orthognathic surgery for jaw problems in adults.
Interceptive Orthodontic Treatment
- Is your child suffering from prolonged cold and nasal congestion?
- Is he/she breathing through his/ her mouth instead of nose?
- Is he/ she keeping mouth open most of the time?
It was proven that more than 50% of children with respiratory problems in their childhood will have orthodontic or orthognathic problems in future.
Altered naso-respiratory function has enough capability to obstruct normal development of dental and facial structures and thereby resulting in minor/ major problems later. Simple INTERCEPTIVE ORTHODONTIC TREATMENT (IOT) at early age will prevent major problems in future.
Unwanted effects of mouth breathing on teeth, mouth and face are as follows:
Deep & narrow upper arch
- Crowding of teeth because of shortage of space
- Upper and lower front teeth cannot meet due to thrusting of tongue in between them (open bite)
- Difficulty in keeping the lips closed, which may further lead to decreased salivary flow, calculus formation and bad breath.
- Increased lower face height gives unsightly appearance.
- What kind of treatment is IOT?
Interceptive Orthodontic Treatment deals with abnormal factors which affect the normal development of dental and facial structures. It is done with simple removable appliances which are worn by child himself/ herself.
- What is the right time to start IOT in patients with mouth breathing?
It is usually done between 8 to 12 years because at that time bone will be soft enough to modify its size and shape and also the teeth are still coming into their places.
- What is the duration of IOT?
The duration of IOT appliance therapy may vary from 6 to 18 months depending upon the severity of breathing problems and also cooperation of child.
- What is the cost of the IOT therapy?
The cost of IOT therapy may vary from Rs 1000/- to Rs 5000/- depending upon the kind of appliance used. The cost is much less when compared to the amount of benefits which brings in and the cost & strain of the future treatment after the dental and facial structures have deformed
- Are all the children with prolonged and severe breathing problems are suitable for IOT ?
Children with severe breathing problems cannot be treated with IOT immediately because they may not be able to tolerate these appliances. Hence, they must be treated for respiratory problems before initiating IOT. And also children with impaired mental growth are contraindicated since they cannot understand and cooperate with removable appliances. However, IOT is not beneficial in patients whose skeletal structures have been permanently deformed due to prolonged respiratory problems.
If Your Interested?
CONTACT US AND SCHEDULE YOUR VISIT