Make your smile more beautiful
Orthodontic Treatment in Hyderabad
Vistadent which is one of the best orthodontic hospitals in Hyderabad provides you with complete dental and oral care solutions. Our team of doctors and experienced senior dentists for providing the best treatments to our patients. We at Vistadent, love creating beautiful smiles and help you regain your confidence to smile. By offering our dental care services, we also ensure the hygiene and comfort of the patients and facilitate them with the latest treatments and techniques in dentistry.
What is Orthodontics and why is it important?
Orthodontics is one of the most important branches of dentistry that deals with the treatment of oral conditions specific to the correction of the misaligned teeth, crooked or crowded teeth, bad bites or spaces between teeth, Overlapping teeth. The orthodontic treatment improves the appearance of an individual and also contributes towards good oral health. A perfect smile not only boosts confidence but also positively affects your oral health. At Vistadent, we pride ourselves on providing the best orthodontic treatment in Hyderabad with dental appliances like braces, aligners, and retainers.
An orthodontist carries out orthodontic treatment that aims at achieving the following:
- Closing gaps between the teeth
- Aligning the teeth
- Straightening of crooked teeth
- Improving chewing ability
- Treatment of improper
- Protruding teeth
“Orthodontic” means correction of teeth.
Special orthodontic services
- Interceptive orthodontic treatment
- Adult orthodontics.
- Cleft palate treatment.
- Lingual braces ( braces on backside of teeth ).
- Orthognathic surgery for jaw problems in adults.
Interceptive Orthodontic Treatment
- Is your child suffering from prolonged cold and nasal congestion?
- Is he/she breathing through his/ her mouth instead of nose?
- Is he/ she keeping mouth open most of the time?
Most of the children present with different orthodontic problems including :
- Protruded teeth
- Spacing or crowding
- Imbalance in jaw growth (one jaw growing bigger compared to the other )
- Abnormally narrow upper arch
- Gummy smile
- Open bite ( upper and lower front teeth cannot meet while biting or at rest )
- Speech defects due to abnormal placement of teeth
- Crossbite (lower teeth coming forward than upper teeth )
It was proven that more than 50% of children with respiratory problems in their childhood will have orthodontic or orthognathic problems in future.
Altered naso-respiratory function has enough capability to obstruct normal development of dental and facial structures and thereby resulting in minor/ major problems later. Simple INTERCEPTIVE ORTHODONTIC TREATMENT (IOT) at early age will prevent major problems in future.
Unwanted effects of mouth breathing on teeth, mouth and face are as follows:
Deep & narrow upper arch
- Crowding of teeth because of shortage of space
- Upper and lower front teeth cannot meet due to thrusting of tongue in between them (open bite)
- Difficulty in keeping the lips closed, which may further lead to decreased salivary flow, calculus formation and bad breath.
- Increased lower face height gives unsightly appearance.
- What kind of treatment is IOT?
Interceptive Orthodontic Treatment deals with abnormal factors which affect the normal development of dental and facial structures. It is done with simple removable appliances which are worn by child himself/ herself.
- What is the right time to start IOT in patients with mouth breathing?
It is usually done between 8 to 12 years because at that time bone will be soft enough to modify its size and shape and also the teeth are still coming into their places.
- What is the duration of IOT?
The duration of IOT appliance therapy may vary from 6 to 18 months depending upon the severity of breathing problems and also cooperation of child.
- What is the cost of the IOT therapy?
The cost of IOT therapy may vary from Rs 1000/- to Rs 5000/- depending upon the kind of appliance used. The cost is much less when compared to the amount of benefits which brings in and the cost & strain of the future treatment after the dental and facial structures have deformed
- Are all the children with prolonged and severe breathing problems are suitable for IOT ?
Children with severe breathing problems cannot be treated with IOT immediately because they may not be able to tolerate these appliances. Hence, they must be treated for respiratory problems before initiating IOT. And also children with impaired mental growth are contraindicated since they cannot understand and cooperate with removable appliances. However, IOT is not beneficial in patients whose skeletal structures have been permanently deformed due to prolonged respiratory problems.
Orthodontists are the specialist who deals specifically with problems related to bad bites, jaw problems, and major and minor surgeries that require jaw corrections. Dr. Anitha is a master at Orthodontic dentistry with excellent diagnostic skills. She always believed in giving the best orthodontic treatment that is suitable for the patient and makes a customized treatment plan understanding each patient's need, concerns and personality. At Vistadent, your smile is given the utmost priority and our team of Vistadent is updated and uses the latest techniques in the field of orthodontics.
If Your Interested?
CONTACT US AND SCHEDULE YOUR VISIT