Teeth that are white and healthy don’t just give you that perfect smile, they also show that you are in perfect health and that you are taking good care of your teeth. However, it isn’t that easy to maintain white and healthy teeth. In this article, we’ll talk about how to keep your teeth white and healthy.
- Follow a white-teeth diet: There are certain foods and habits that can stain your teeth yellowish-brown. Some of them include red wine, black tea, cigarettes, and cigars. They also include colas, gravies, and dark juices. A rule of thumb is that if it’s dark before you put it into your mouth, it will stain your teeth. Brush immediately after eating or drinking foods that can stain your teeth. You can also use an Over-the-Counter (OTC) bleaching agent or then get your teeth cleaned and bleached regularly by your dentist. For an immediate teeth-cleaning action, eat an apple.
- Throw away that old toothbrush: You should change your toothbrush every two to three months. If you use an electric toothbrush, change its head every two to three months. If you do not do this, you are transferring bacteria into your mouth, which is not healthy. The best way to brush is by placing your toothbrush at a 45-degree angle against your gums, and gently move it in a circular motion, as opposed to a back-and-forth motion. You should grip the toothbrush like a pencil so that you do not brush too hard.
- Clean your tongue regularly: You should use a tongue scraper regularly every morning to clean your tongue of tongue plaque and freshen your breath. The build-up of bacteria on your tongue can cause yellowing teeth and bad breath. Also, a tongue scraper is more effective at cleaning your tongue than your toothbrush.
- Eat foods that act as detergents: Foods that are crisp or firm help clean teeth while you eat them. Some of them include apples, celery, raw carrots, and popcorn. You can make these the final foods in your meals, especially if you do not intend to brush your teeth after your meals.
- Gargle with apple cider vinegar: You should do this first thing in the morning before you brush your teeth. Apple cider vinegar helps remove stains, whitens your teeth, and also kills bacteria in your mouth, gums, and teeth.
- Use baking soda to brush your teeth: This will remove stains and whiten your teeth. You can use baking soda just as you would use a toothpaste. You can also use salt to brush your teeth with. If your gums feel extra-sensitive after using baking soda or salt, switch to using these every other day.
- Check the freshness of your breath every day: You can check the freshness of your breath by licking your palm and then smelling it while it is wet. If you have bad breath you can use an alcohol-free mouthwash. Do not use a mouthwash that is too strong, as it can dry out the tissues in your mouth, making them more susceptible to bacteria and hence, yellowing teeth.
- Floss your teeth with your eyes shut: If you can do this, you can floss throughout the day. You can floss in your car, at your desk, before important meetings, and while in bed. This will ensure that your teeth are completely clean, healthy, and white all day.
- Brush your teeth morning and night: The two most crucial times to brush your teeth are in the morning as soon as you get up and at night, just before you get into bed. This is because saliva dries up at night, so it is important to clean your mouth of all bacteria before bedtime.
It’s also important to brush your teeth first thing in the morning, to get rid of plaque and bacteria that may have built up as you slept.
- Conceal with colour: This is for all the ladies…if you are stepping out for an important appointment or meeting and are afraid of your teeth showing up slightly yellow, you can use a medium or dark red lipstick. This will make your teeth look whiter than usual. This is because lighter-coloured lipsticks tend to bring out the yellow in your teeth.
Maintaining good oral hygiene is extremely important for your overall health. If you have yellowing teeth, you should definitely consult your dentist to discuss what the possible cause could be. Both you and your dentist can then work towards keeping your teeth pearly white and healthy. You should also schedule regular dental appointments for cleaning and bleaching your teeth.
At Vistadent, the Orthodontic Speciality Clinic, we know and understand how important white and healthy teeth can be. We will work with you to ensure that your teeth are healthy and white and will treat any underlying cause for discoloured or yellowing teeth.
We work individually with each patient and give them the best-possible quality of care. We believe in holistic treatment of the person and you will feel very well cared for at Vistadent. So, if you want to have white and healthy teeth, do not wait any longer…consult Vistadent!
For more information about treatment for yellowing or discoloured teeth, or any other dental problems, as well as other dental procedures, contact Vistadent, the Orthodontic Speciality Clinic, at 040-23388111 or +91 9866572482 or at email@example.com or visit our website at https://vistadent.net/.