While most of us need to visit our dentist at least twice a year for regular cleaning and teeth maintenance, there are certain signs that you need to visit your dentist urgently and immediately. Ignoring these signs could not only be detrimental to your teeth but to your overall health as well.
Here are some of the top signs that tell you that you need to visit your dentist for specific dental treatments.
- You suffer from migraines: Most people don’t know that teeth grinding, also called Bruxism, is a common cause of migraines. Teeth grinding puts regular and constant pressure on the temporomandibular joints, resulting in severe headaches and migraines. You need to visit your dentist to get a custom stabilization splint, which is a comfortable mouthpiece that prevents teeth grinding, especially during sleep.
- You don’t feel refreshed after sleep and wake up tired: If you are feeling regularly fatigued you may not think about visiting your dentist. However, your fatigue may be due to sleep apnea, which means you stop breathing repeatedly during sleep, which can cause heart attacks. In such an instance, your dentist can look at your teeth and gums to find out if you are clenching your teeth in order to open your airway.
- You experience pain while chewing: If this occurs, you should visit your dentist or orthodontist straightaway, as it may be due to a cracked or infected tooth.
- You have bad breath: Also called halitosis, bad breath is not just a social inconvenience, but can also be due to infection, a dry mouth, or poor dental hygiene. So, if you notice that people are keeping a distance from you, you need to check for and treat bad breath.
- Your saliva has changed in consistency: If your saliva has thickened, it can be due to anything from tooth decay to an excessively dry mouth. You need to visit your dentist immediately to treat the cause of thick saliva.
- You have lumps, bumps and nodules inside or around your mouth: Again, this could be something minor such as a clogged salivary gland or then, something more serious, such as oral cancer. You should visit your dentist straight away for a thorough examination and tests.
- You avoid smiling and experience a lack of confidence about your teeth: Many young adults are not confident about their smile and feel that there is something wrong with their teeth. If you are one of those persons, do visit your dentist to fix your smile. Also regular cleanings and a teeth whitening service can help improve your smile and help you regain your self-confidence.
- You have pain and ringing in your ears: While this may be due to an ear infection, certain conditions of your teeth and gums can also cause referred ear pain. These may be infection of the teeth and gums, and improper function of your temporomandibular joints.
- You have receding gums: If your teeth are becoming more and more visible, this may be due to bone loss. You need to visit your dentist immediately to treat this so that you prevent further bone loss and treat its underlying cause.
- You have bleeding, inflamed and swollen gums: These can be a sign of infection and gum disease, which if left untreated can result in diabetes, heart disease, problems with pregnancy, and stroke.
- You are increasingly sensitive to hot and cold substances: If you’ve noticed a strange sensation in your teeth when drinking ice water or piping hot coffee, you could be having a cavity in your teeth or then, erosion of your tooth enamel. You should visit your dentist straight away for a thorough dental exam.
- You may have a painful swelling or a tooth abscess: This is due to severe, untreated infection in your tooth or teeth. You may need to excise the abscess and then take antibiotics to treat the infection. You should visit your dentist straight away for immediate treatment.
These warning signs and symptoms should not be taken lightly. At Vistadent, the multispeciality dental clinic, we are your partners in ensuring that your teeth are healthy and well taken care of. We encourage you to visit us regularly for all the different dental treatments you may need.
So, whether it is orthodontics, periodontics, or endodontics treatment, we offer you the best dental care whenever and wherever you need it. Our doctors are with us for a long time, thereby ensuring consistency of treatment, as well as a comfortable and friendly atmosphere. We encourage our patients to visit us on a continuous basis for teeth cleanings, dental treatments, and regular check-ups.
So, the next time you experience trouble with your teeth or any of the signs and symptoms described, do visit Vistadent, and take away the fear that comes with dental visits, even as you experience world-class dental care
For more information about any dental problems, as well as other dental procedures, contact Vistadent, the Orthodontic Speciality Clinic, at 040-23388111 or +91 9866572482 or at email@example.com or visit our website at https://vistadent.net/.